Friday, February 12, 2010
Secrets of the Persimmon Seed
I just had to share this. My family has done this for years and the persimmon seed has never been wrong. If you cut open a persimmon seed, you will find the shape of one of three things: a spoon, a fork, or a knife. I guess some would consider this an old wive's tale, but for as long as we have opened up a persimmon seed it has never been wrong. If there is the shape of a knife, it means a bitter cold winter; winds that cut through you like a knife. If there is the shape of a fork, it means a hay-pitching winter, a mild winter. If there is the shape of a spoon, it means a snow-shoveling winter. Any guesses as to what was in the persimmon seed this year? If you said spoon, then you would be right! Isn't that amazing! I love it when God shows Himself in creation! If you don't believe me, google images of persimmon seeds and see for yourself. Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Travis just sent me the link to your blog! Oh the horrors of all that snow!! Did you hear how much we've gotten down here!??? I love this particular post because of the story of the persimmon. Thanks for sharing! Miss you.
ReplyDelete